Have you had a subject matter expert (SME) who made everything more difficult than it needed to be? How about the SME who doesn’t seem to grasp the work you’re doing together? Or, the SME whose idea of dates and deadlines do not seem to align with the project needs?
It isn’t their fault.
SMEs are a vital part of the training development process. Our collaboration with them in large part determines whether the project is a success. It is our job to build a plan, communicate it well, and stay on top of the details so they don’t have to.
Attend this session to participate in a lively discussion of lessons learned (the hard way), best practices for working with SMEs, tips, and tools.
You will leave the session with resources for:
- Understanding key characteristics of SMEs and establishing empathy
- Leading an effective project kick-off event
- Mapping the design and development process with your SME
- Best practices for wrapping the up the project with your SME
- Planning ahead for issues with feedback, scope creep, and fallout
Find more free corporate training resources here