Work With Experienced Corporate Training Consultants
Dashe & Thomson can staff your next training initiative, whether you need a short-term contractor or a team of developers. Our instructional designers have years of experience in managing large-scale enterprise training projects that come in on time and within budget. They determine the types of media needed to address your users’ needs and establish training goals and metrics. Our training developers produce high quality, cost-effective deliverables, and our experienced facilitators deliver niche software and industry training.
Call us or complete the form below to receive the professional training resources you need for your project.
Click on the links below for training and e-learning consultants within the specialty area you need.
Instructional Designer / Project Manager
Twenty years experience as an instructional designer and project manager. Experience across a wide range of industries including manufacturing, finance, insurance, education, health care, and pharmaceutical.
- For a global provider of enterprise software solutions, led a team of instructional designers, training developers, and writers to the successful completion of curriculum redesign project, including directing the redesign and development of over 40 role-based instructor-led (ILT) and Web-based training (WBT) courses for core system modules.
- For an international brokerage firm, led a team of 19 instructional designers, training developers, e-learning programmers and writers to the successful completion of a system integration project. Trained 11,000+ end users on five enterprise-wide software applications. Managed deliverables that included instructor-led training, e-learning designed in Captivate, and process documentation developed in RoboInfo.
- For a chemical manufacturing company, led a team of training developers to the successful completion of instructor-led training for an ERP implementation. Designed, wrote, and delivered over 35 training modules in the areas of manufacturing, customer management, and finance operations.
- For a mortgage services company, was instrumental in establishing a new training department and standard curriculum for call center employees. Designed, developed and delivered functional, skills-based training curriculum for classroom instruction that included new employee orientation, systems training, customer service/telesales, and job-related procedures.
- For a national bank, designed and developed functional skills-based training curriculum for classroom instruction. Delivered training to customer service and sales staff at approximately 75 branch offices. Managed a corporate-wide project implementing a federal banking regulation, which included video production and classroom training for an audience of approximately 15,000 employees.
- B. A., Business Administration and Management
Instructional Design Consultant
Over 20 years experience providing consulting, instructional design, and technical writing services. Designs and develops classroom training and e-learning including storyboards, webinars, and certification programs in the manufacturing, financial, insurance, medical device, healthcare, and apparel industries. Experienced in Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, MatrixOne PLM, and more.
- For a major airline, created a user guide for a proprietary authoring system for developing web-based training. Developed Quick Start Guides for company-wide transition to Windows Vista and for pilots using new hardware and software for electronic access to aircraft operation manuals. Worked with a software/hardware project team to craft messages about an upcoming change to hardware and software.
- For a national retail manufacturer, designed and developed instructor-led training and online procedures for MatrixOne product life-cycle management (PLM) software rollout.
- For a global financial organization, provided consulting on knowledge management system implementation, including strategic planning and implementation.
- For a pharmaceutical benefits management company, wrote Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to comply with audit standards for Medicare Part D prescription drug benefits.
- For a medical device company, researched and developed web-delivered, role-based training to increase awareness of quality issues among manufacturing and supply chain employees.
- For a high tech company, reviewed overall go-to-market strategy for the training/ communication materials; established instructional design including WebEx, classroom, and self-study training that specified audience appropriate content; recommended scenarios, exercises, and quizzes to engage learners and test their competency.
- For an international brokerage company, developed training materials for new brokerage system implemented to better evaluate mutual funds.
- For an international diversified technology company, wrote storyboards for multi-media training on PeopleSoft financial and procurement procedures and functions.
- For national banking organization, designed and developed a four-day Loan Officer training program. Instructional methods included group discussions, case studies, skill practice opportunities, and self-tests.
- For a multinational food company’s SAP HRIS implementation, developed business process documentation designed for electronic performance support system.
- For a manufacturing company, analyzed rollout process for replacement of existing financial systems with a new Oracle financials software environment. Documented a “rapid rollout” methodology for Oracle financials and Oracle/GEMMS manufacturing modules for technical personnel in charge of implementation at new sites.
- For an automotive company, analyzed risk management processes, researched needs, and developed materials to provide training and reference on risk management for supervisory employees.
- For an IT management company, designed, developed, and wrote reference manuals for Oracle-based computer system used to trade municipal securities at large regional banks for Digital Solutions (SunGard).
- Microsoft Office 2007: Word for Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, and Access, along with FrontPage, FrameMaker, and Snagit, HTML, Paint Shop Pro, and Adobe Illustrator.
- M.S., University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN; B.A., Drake University, Des Moines, IA., summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa; Society of Technical Communication; A.S.A., Society of Actuaries
Senior Instructional Designer / Project Manager
Training and development professional with over 20 years experience in the corporate, healthcare, government and academic arenas. Creative, solution-oriented problem solver. Excellent communicator with the proven skills to quickly establish rapport and extensive experience working with people from a variety of cultures and at all organizational levels. Co-author of The Other Blended Learning: A Classroom Centered Approach.
- For an international insurance company, provided guidance and consulting for the merging of multiple training departments into a single, centralized department:
- Completed a process analysis; reviewed existing tools, templates and methods; wrote and led the review process of a standard engagement process including all supporting documentation.
- Led business side of Syntrio learning management system (LMS) implementation. Shared project management responsibilities, co-authored project scope document and project plan. Defined business requirements, managed conversion of 13 Breeze and PowerPoint e-learning modules into Articulate, wrote and administered user acceptance testing, and developed and implemented communication and training plans. Developed e-learning training programs.
- For a city government, served as a Training Project Manager for a major process improvement and reorganization team. Developed high-level training designs and documentation standards for software and business processes, wrote participant materials, self-study guides and supporting project documentation (including overseeing translation to Spanish and Somali) and delivered training to all organizational levels.
- For a healthcare organization, managed development of policies and procedures for a new business unit. As a member of a software process improvement team, designed and developed training materials on software development processes. Drafted and gained approval for high-level training designs and documentation standards, wrote participant materials, self-study guides and supporting project documentation.
- For a medical device company, developed and delivered training for enterprise-wide, web-based software application. Consulted with clients to define training needs and to refine plans for training implementation. Developed high-level training designs, wrote leaders’ guides, participant materials, self-study guides and supporting project documentation. Traveled to local and remote sites within the U.S., Puerto Rico and Europe for training delivery, to audiences ranging from those new to computers to senior management.
- For healthcare software company, led team in development of integrated training solutions. Conducted needs analyses, and designed and developed curriculum for classroom, self-study and computer-based training, including leader guides, participant materials and supporting media. Developed and implemented reaction and learning level evaluation forms and processes. Developed and delivered train-the-trainer program.
- Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Project. Macromedia Authorware, Designer’s Edge, Trainer’s Edge, Visio, Internet Explorer, Netscape Communicator, Lotus ScreenCam, Articulate Presenter, Engage and Quizmaker. Adobe Captivate. Learning Management System (Syntrio).
- M.A., Human Resource Development/Training and Development, University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, MN; B.A., English Language and Literature, College of St. Scholastica, Duluth, MN
Fifteen years experience in achieving results through training solutions that solve performance issues. Work effectively with others to identify and analyze instructional needs, recommend solutions, strategies, and media, and direct and develop instructional projects.
- As an independent consultant, analyzed, designed, and developed client training requirements:
- Designed and developed instructor-led training to measure the carbon footprint on college and university campuses.
- Designed daily and final assessments for an extensive new hire HVAC technologist curriculum.
- Developed Captivate web-based training supporting a state-wide launch of customized event scheduling software for the largest grocer in Texas.
- Designed and developed instructor-led training for the nationwide launch of order system software for a premier window manufacturer.
- As an Adoption Specialist for a high tech company, analyzed business processes to identify the training needs for Salesforce.com implementation. Developed customized training playbook and presentation for nine clients from varied industries and delivered stand-up training at client sites.
- As a Senior Instructional Designer for a medical information technology company, performed task and needs analysis, analyzed and documented client requirements, developed assessment strategies, and created curriculums using ILT, WBT, and blended learning solutions for a variety of clients. Performed needs analysis for a large governmental agency that needed to develop a specialized program curriculum, designed and developed physical and technology security courses, and developed a web-based technology course utilizing unique user-interactions.
- As an Instructional Designer for a software development and Internet service provider, analyzed, designed and created storyboards for the development of web-based training for a large government contract. Completed three WBT projects well in advance of scheduled due date.
- As Education Consultant for a technology company, responsibilities included training project management, web-based training design and development, performance analysis, and performance improvement intervention selection. Developed training for ERP Human Resource, Financial and Procurement suite of products, and structured training programs. Acted as project lead, designer, and developer for multiple e-learning products. Developed business plan, business strategy, and methodology for a new Education Consulting practice. Redesigned software product certification track to align with business needs. Consulted at client sites on the training needs. Designed and executed a customized education plan for the implementation project team of Lawson’s largest client. Acted as project lead for the conversion of product procedure manuals to the single source documentation model.
- As a Performance Manager and Instructional Design Consultant for a consulting company, responsibilities included performing needs analysis; and recommending, designing, developing, and delivering performance interventions. Completed a performance analysis and designed curriculum supporting the implementation of a large application system for an international corporation. Scoped, budgeted, designed, and developed the instructor-led training initiative for an international adhesives organization. Trained on Oracle navigation and documented requirements for an Oracle implementation project including administration of training for 55 classes involving 500 participants.
- As an Instructional Designer for an ERP software company, responsibilities included designing instruction for multimedia training products and developing performance improvement strategies for service consultants. Designed instruction and supported development of the company’s first computer-based-training product.
- M.S., Human Resource Training and Development, St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, Minnesota; B.A., Organizational Management and Communication, Concordia College, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Minnesota Chapter of the International Society Performance Improvement MNISPI), serving on the Executive Board from 1999-2000
- American Society for Training Development, San Antonio Chapter (SA-ASTD) and National (ASTD), serving on the Organization of the Year 2003 committee.
or read case studies.
Recent Dashe & Thomson Clients: